In accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 Healthcare Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) issued on June 10, 2021, Kearney Regional Medical Center has the following policies in place to minimize risk of transmission of COVID-19 within our facility.
- All patients and visitors entering the facility will be screened for symptoms of, or high-risk exposure to COVID-19. Only healthy visitors will be permitted.
- All persons shall remain masked at all times while in the facility.
- Patients and visitors are allowed to wear cloth masks, or a hospital issued mask will be given to them if they are unmasked. A face-shield can be worn in place of a mask in certain situations if the patient or visitor has a physical limitation to wearing a mask. Accommodations may be allowed on a case-by-case basis when a person cannot wear a mask due to exemptions required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or due to religious beliefs consistent with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
- Vaccinated staff may choose to remove their masks in non-patient care areas.
The following areas will have exceptions to this policy:
- COVID-19 positive patient rooms: no visitors.
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) & Emergency Room (ER): visitors may be limited at the discretion of the care team.
Individuals that are unwilling to follow Infection Prevention Policies will be asked to leave the facility. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.