The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently issued a COVID-19 Healthcare Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) on June 10, 2021, that establishes requirements to protect workers from exposure to coronavirus in all settings.
As such, Kearney Regional Medical Center has prepared an action plan with the goal to minimize risk of transmission of COVID-19 within our facility. Patients and the public should please note the following regulations in place.
- All patients and visitors entering the facility will be screened for symptoms of, or high-risk exposure to COVID-19. Only healthy visitors will be permitted.
- All persons shall remain masked at all times while in the facility.
- Patients and visitors are allowed to wear cloth masks, or a hospital issued mask will be given to them if they are unmasked. A face-shield can be worn in place of a mask in certain situations if the patient or visitor has a physical limitation to wearing a mask. Accommodations may be allowed on a case-by-case basis when a person cannot wear a mask due to exemptions required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or due to religious beliefs consistent with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
- Vaccinated staff may choose to remove their masks in non-patient care areas.
The following areas will have exceptions to this policy:
- COVID-19 positive patient rooms: no visitors.
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) & Emergency Room (ER): visitors may be limited at the discretion of the care team.
Individuals that are unwilling to follow Infection Prevention Policies will be asked to leave the facility. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.
Send a Gift
If you’d like to send a gift to your loved one, you can easily select an item from our Gift Shop website and include your loved one’s name and room number in the “Special Instructions” section.