Thank you for choosing Kearney Regional for your surgery! Your health is our priority and we’ll do all we can to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
What to expect:
- You will get phone calls within 48 hours of your scheduled procedure from:
– A pre-admissions nurse to discuss your health history, current medications, and preparation for arrival.
– Our registration department to discuss insurance and demographics so that your registration process on the day of your visit will go smoothly.
- On the day of your procedure, we will do what we can to make sure you are discharged by 2 p.m., however, we recommend to block out your entire day to ensure you get the care and rest you need.
What to bring:
- Insurance cards
- Valid photo ID
- List of medication and doses you are currently taking
- Advanced directive/living will if you have one
- Items to occupy you while you wait
- Assistant devices that you may already be using such as crutches, walkers, braces, etc.
Please also consider:
- Having someone drive you home after your procedure
- Wear loose clothing and remove jewelry and piercings the day of your procedure
Every effort is made to complete your discharge by 2 p.m., so you can fill prescriptions, avoid rush hour traffic, and get settled at home before evening.