Angiography is a test that’s used after someone has experienced anything from chest pain to mini-stroke symptoms. It’s a test where dyes and x-rays help practitioners look at blood vessels, arteries, and veins. The resulting pictures are called angiograms. Angiograms are used to diagnose narrowing, blockages, or bulging and ballooning in vessels anywhere in the body, from head to toe, including:
- The arteries feeding the heart muscle
- The arteries going to the brain
- The arteries feeding the arms and legs
- The arteries feeding the kidneys
- All of the vessels going to and coming from the lungs
If a doctor has requested you receive an angiography, our experienced practitioners will make sure you’re as comfortable as possible.