World-Class Spine Care, Right Here at Home.
Kearney Regional Medical Center is proud to be recognized by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska for meeting the rigorous selection criteria for spine surgery set by the Blue Distinction+ Specialty Care program.
Blue Distinction+ Centers are nationally-designated healthcare facilities shown to deliver improved patient safety and better health outcomes, based on objective measures developed by Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies with input from the medical community.
Physician Guided. People Centered.
Drs. Benavides and Mahalek are both from the Kearney area and passionate about supporting our local community.
Along with their team of nurse, therapists and physical/occupational therapists at Kearney Regional Medical Center, they provide exceptional care to patients suffering from spine pain.
At KRMC, our care team works with you to ensure optimal outcomes individually tailored to fit your needs and lifestyle.
To learn more about Dr. Benavides and Dr. Mahalek, please click on their photos.
- Adult Kyphosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoporosis of the Spine
- Spinal Disorders
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Trauma
- Artificial Disc Replacement (ADR)
- Bone Graft Alternatives
- Bone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMP)
- Cervical Laminoplasty
- Lumbar (Open) Microscopic Discectomy
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS)
- Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Deformity Surgery
- Spine Injections
Request More Information About Our Spine Services
Mazor Robotics Renaissance
With Mazor Robotics Renaissance, surgeons plan before entering the operating room and then implement – with unparalleled precision – providing consistent results and optimal outcomes for patients.
Surgical treatment of the spine requires planning and precision; and each patient’s anatomy has unique challenges. Surgery with Mazor Robotics Renaissance provides increased safety and precision for a wide variety of spine procedures, and in some cases, allows for minimally-invasive surgery.
The StealthStation™ surgical navigation system offers both optical and EM tracking capabilities, integration with external devices like microscopes and ultrasound, a broad array of instrument offerings, and core software applications for neurosurgery and spine procedures including:
- Tumor resection
- Catheter placement
- Deep brain stimulation lead placement
- Spine decompression or fusion (including, but not limited to ACDF, ALIF PLIF, TLIF, cortical screw placement)
- Spinal or pelvic fixation (including, but not limited to, SI fixation, placement of occipital pedicle, cortical, facet screws, fixation for scoliosis, kyphosis, or other deformity )
- Treatment for spinal or sacral trauma (including, but not limited to, vertebroplasty,sacroplasty )